I'm Patrick Dubroy, a programmer based in Munich, Germany.
I'm currently independent and looking for new opportunities. In the past, I've worked at places like Lyft Level 5, Google, and BumpTop — as a software engineer, and most recently as an engineering manager.
I'm interested in freelance as well as full-time roles. If you know of something that might be a good fit, please get in touch!
I've been writing about programming, usability, and design since 2006. The most recent post is: Visualizing Packrat Parsing.
Here are some of the most popular things I've written:
- Immutability is not Enough For the Recurse Center
- Google I/O: Memory Management for Android Apps
- So You Want to Install a Python Package
- My CHI2010 Talk: A Study of Tabbed Browsing
- Multiple-Monitor Productivity: Fact or Fiction?
You can find more in the blog archives.
- Modeling the Physical World with Three.js BerlinJS, June 2018
- The Past and Future of Programming HfG (School of Design) Schwäbish Gmünd
- Performance Profiling with the Chrome Dev Tools Leetspeak 2013
- Parsing, Compiling, and Static Metaprogramming JSConfEU 2013
- UX in an Engineering-Driven Organization UX Munich 2013
- Secrets of the Chrome Developer Tools Øredev 2012
- Memory Management for Android Apps Google I/O 2011
- Incremental Packrat Parsing SLE 2017
- Modular Semantic Actions DLS 2016
- Situated Objects NOOL 2016
- Language Hacking in a Live Programming Environment LIVE 2016
- Moonchild FPW 2014
- A Study of Tabbed Browsing Among Mozilla Firefox Users CHI 2010